Looking for Best Top Loading Washing Machine in India For 2019 – Fully-Automatic?
Picture this- a generic Asian household, families with kids, all with their piled-up laundry. A nice, kind person is walking around with a basket full of dirty clothes, approaches the family’s washing machine, lifts upon the top cover, carefully places the clothes in with no hassle whatsoever, starts the machine up and walks away.
What they just got their hands on was in fact, the widely popular top-loading variant of washing machines.
The top-loading washing machines are largely popular globally, with more usage in Asia, since its demographic needs are met in this region in large numbers. Although front loading machines are becoming widely popular all around as well, the top loaders still stand tall with their charm.
The top-loading washing machine market in India is massive, with various household appliance brands coming up with their own unique technology spiked into sleek models of washing machines.
Different washing machines cater to different laundry needs based on the washing load, frequency of usage among other factors. Here, in this article, we have narrowed down six best top loading washing machines in India as of 2019.
We have also listed down the advantages and disadvantages of each, and the list is followed by a buying guide for top-loading washing machines, as well as a section of Frequently Asked Questions.
The six best top loading washing machines in India as of 2019, in no particular order, are as follows:
- Bosch 6.5 Kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine
- Samsung 6.5 kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine
- Whirlpool 7 kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine
- Mitashi 5.8 kg Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine
- Haier 5.8 kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine
- LG 6.2 kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine
Best Top Loading Washing Machines in India
The following list has been compiled to meet the needs of every possible type of customer that can be found in the Indian market.
#6. Bosch 6.5 Kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (WOE654W0IN, White)
Bosch is slowly making its way into the highly competitive Indian electronics market. Its latest launch is setting the washing machine game on fire. This highly powerful best top loading washing machine from Bosch is a complete package. With a huge capacity of 6.5kgs, it is ideal for families with up to 4 people.
- 2 years warranty on the washing machine, with an extended 10 years warranty on the motor
- High spinning rate of 680RPM, which ensures speedy drying time
- Power Wave wash system, Magic Filter, Steel Drum, among other unique features
- Sleek Design which makes it super aesthetic
- Negative reviews have been noticed as far as customer service is concerned
- After sales services such as installation can be delayed due to high demand
#5. Samsung 6.5 kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (WA65M4100HV/TL, Sparkling Grey)
The dominance of Samsung in the Indian markets, and its popularity cannot be argued upon. The trust value that people have with the brand have led to its consistent success, be it in the sector of mobile phones, or other electronic appliances as well.
This Best top loading washing machine from Samsung has a good 6.5kgs capacity, which makes it ideal for nuclear families with 4-5 people. It has an array of unique features as well, which act as bells and ribbons to this already power packed appliance, which makes it an excellent investment for its price.
- 2 years warranty on the product, and a separate 2-year warranty on the motor
- The Diamond Drum ensures optimum utilisation of water
- 6 different wash cycles
- Magic Filter System
- Spinning Speed of 700RPM ensures speedy drying
- No Beep alert when water supply stops
- May need intervention from time to time
- Negative reviews about the customer care, mostly relating to installation delays
#4. Whirlpool 7 kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (WHITEMAGIC ELITE, Grey)
The Whirlpool jingle can never leave our Indian minds. Kajol’s charisma and the amazing marketing strategies, topped with the perfect timing and usage of advertisements, have made sure that Whirlpool sets its mark into our heads. It sure did, we assure. This monster of a machine with a 7kg capacity has got the balls rolling for Whirlpool, making it one of the ideal top loading washing machines of India as of 2019. This machine is ideal for large families, owing to its large capacity.
- 2 years product warranty along with 10 years extended warranty on motor
- 12 different wash programs
- Super-fast drying speed- 750RPM
- Supports hard water wash
- Express wash technology uses water efficiently
- There is no inbuilt heater
- Bad after sales service has been observed
- Weighs 36kgs, making it difficult to move frequently
#3. Mitashi 5.8 kg Fully Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (MiFAWM58v20, Grey)
It may not be as big a name as some of its competitors, but Mitashi is sure setting up a quality standard in the present market. This compact Best top loading washing machine boasts of more than what you could ask for in its price. Owing to its capacity of 5.8kgs, this top-loading washing machine is suitable for bachelors and couples alike. Their significantly lower laundry needs make this machine an ideal choice for them.
- 2 years warranty on the product along with an extended 5-year warranty on the motor
- Faster drying time, owing to the spinning speed of 600 RPM
- Intelligent Hall Sensor ensures a hassle-free wash
- LINT Filter collects external residue, thereby providing optimal cleanliness
- Child Lock, Power Off Protection, add on to the safety in usage of the washing machine
- Delayed installation time due to high demand of the product
- After sales services are noted to be poor
- Users have reported loud noises while the machine is on, making it unsuitable for those who prefer silent washing machines
#2. Haier 5.8 kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (HWM58-020, White)
Haier is a new name no more in the electronic market. With a significantly rising market size in India, Haier has come up with an ideal Best top loading washing machine which fits the needs of the Indian youth. This 5.8kgs top loader from Haier is a sleek, powerful laundry assistant, suitable for bachelors and young couples.
- 2 years warranty on the product with an extended 5-year warranty on the motor
- Super-fast drying time, owing to the spinning speed of 1000RPM
- Quadra Flow Pulsator ensures that the clothes do not get tangled
- Quick wash program for a hassle-free laundry emergency
- Digital display makes it easy to use for everyone
- No hot water wash system
- You may have to confirm your warranty details with Haier
- Poor after sales services have been reported by the users
#1. LG 6.2 kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (T7281NDDLG/ T7288NDDLG/GD, Middle Free Silver)
You speak of electronics and within the first few seconds, there are only a few brands which come to mind, one of them being LG. LG has been in the Indian market for a long time and has marked a permanent spot within us, with their creative ads and aesthetically beautiful products for your home. They have now come up with their new model of a power-packed top-loading washing machine.
This 6.2kgs top-loading machine is a great choice for homes with around 4-5 people, as well as bachelors and couples since it can meet all their laundry demands with ease.
- 2 years warranty on the product with an extended 10-year warranty on the motor
- Fast drying time, thanks to the spinning speed of 700RPM
- Smart Inverter Technology ensures energy conservation
- Noise cancellation, for a quiet and calm laundry experience
- Smart Diagnosis feature to help the user diagnose around 85 common errors in the washing machine, without having the need to call for customer service
- Display panel not suitable for an outdoor location such as veranda or balcony
- Poor after sales services have been reported by many customer
- Owing to LG’s high demand, installation may be delayed by a few days
Best Top Loading washing machine Buying Guide 2019
Buying a washing machine is not an easy task. You have hundreds of varieties to choose from, an array of brands which dominate the market, and considering the fact that washing machines are long-time investments which customers expect to function for at least a decade, we know for sure that you are in for a rough ride. We have already listed down the 6 best top loading washing machines in India as of 2019 for you. However, we know for a fact that a top loader may not always be an ideal choice for you.
Top Loading washing machines have been around for a long time, much before the front loaders were introduced in the market. They therefore hold the trust value of the customers. These top-loading machines are also solely responsible for the end of the era of dhobis visiting our homes twice a week with our pile of clean laundry. They’ve made the process of laundry fully automated. Do all of these factors make top-loading washing machines an ideal choice?
Here, we have listed down a few advantages and disadvantages of top-loading washing machines, which will help you come to a final decision.
- As compared to the former semi-automatic washing machines, the fully automated top-loading washing machines consume significantly fewer amounts of water and energy
- The cost of top-loading washing machines is much less than front-loading washing machines
- Since they are top-loading machines, the user does not have to bend which loading in the laundry. This elimination of bending further improves one’s posture
- Since these machines have the advantage of height, you do not need to invest more money into expensive bases for washing machines
- The top-loading washing machines are designed in such a way that they are immune to the formation of moulds and mildew, which prevents the machine from producing unpleasant odors
- When compared to front-loading washing machines, the top-loading washing machines consume a larger amount of water.
- A few high-end models of top-loading machines have longer washing cycles than other models.
- The drying time in top-loading machines is more as compared to front-loading machines.
- You need to make sure that the clothes are put into the machine in proper order since top-loading washing machines are prone to tangling of clothes.
- Top loading washing machines take up more space as compared to front-loading washing machines.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have compiled a list of the most common doubts people have in regards to top-loading washing machines. We hope we can help you find the solution you are looking for.
#1. Is inside out clothing recommended, as suggested by many dealers?
To be honest, it does not affect the performance of the washing machine, or the process of washing in any way. It helps in increasing the lifespan of the clothes though, especially printed garments. It also helps in reduction in the formation of fluff balls on woolen items.
#2. What are the cause of fluff balls on woolen and other similar garments?
Fluff balls are caused when a few weak fibers get partially detached from your clothes and cling on to it. Various remedies for the same are available online, as well as in departmental stores. We suggest you to avoid overloading your washing machine since it is one of the major reasons why these fluff balls are formed.
#3. What amount of detergent do I need to put into these machines?
It all depends upon the type of laundry you are about to do. The hardness of the water also plays an important role. In most cases, simply follow the instructions for the usage of the detergent powder behind its pack, and you’ll be just fine. It is to be noted though, that if soap stains are noted on your clothes after the laundry is done, it means that you are over-using the detergent powder.
#4. I am looking for a nice washing machine for my elderly parent’s home. My friends suggested me to go for front-loading machines since they are super sleek and simple to use. What should I do?
See, considering the fact that your parents are aged, it will only make sense to invest money in a top-loading washing machine. This will prevent them from developing backaches since front-loading machines demand being bent for prolonged periods of time. Moreover, top-loading washing machines are very aesthetically pleasing and simple to use as well.
Now that you have a clear picture about everything you need to know about the best top loading washing machines in India as of 2019, we sincerely hope that you find your ideal laundry assistant to meet your laundry demands with ease.
We’d love to know about your Best top loading washing machine experience. Do share your experiences in the comments below.